Video Book Summary
Download all of the Mind Maps here.
Book Summary Notes
The Miracle Morning
“Whether you want to make significant improvements in just a few key areas, or you are ready for a major overhaul that will radically transform your entire life—so your current circumstances will soon become only a memory of what was—you’ve picked up the right book."
"You are about to begin a miraculous journey, using a simple, but revolutionary process that is guaranteed to transform any area of your life."
"all before 8:00 am.”
Looking to make a change? Start early.
Mornings are this magical time where we're full of willpower..
Making changes in our routine is easiest to do in the morning because of that!
This is part of the magic of the Miracle Morning.. Choose a rock that's easy to move!
Mornings also have a tendency to bleed into the rest of our day..
That means making a small change in your morning is going to have ripple effects through your entire day!
Talk about a 'bang for your buck' right?
Make a small change to your morning routine and see it change your entire day!
That's what we're talking about today..
1. Why changing your morning routine is important.
2. What might your best morning routine look like (SAVERS).
3. The most important skill you can acquire in life.
“I believe it is crucial for us to embrace the perspective that anything another person has overcome or accomplished is simply evidence that anything—and I mean anything—we need to overcome or want to accomplish is possible for us, no matter what our past or current circumstance."
"It begins with accepting total responsibility for every aspect of your life and refusing to blame anyone else."
"The degree to which you accept responsibility for everything in your life is precisely the degree of personal power you have to change or create anything in your life.”
Want to change your life? Accept responsibility.
This is a powerful tool to make us feel powerful!
- Sometimes difficult situations in life can make us feel powerless to make change..
- But if we can remember if someone else has done it we can do it too! They aren't wizards.
Where are you feeling powerless to change?
- Stuck in a career you don't enjoy?
- Unable to find a relationship that is meaningful?
- Business not getting off the ground?
- All of these and MORE have been overcome by people less capable, informed and determined than you!
How can we put this into action?
- Step 1: Take an area you're feeling powerless in.
- Step 2: Find someone who has overcome what you are dealing with.
- Step 3: Read, Watch and Study them remember they are just a person. (Perhaps with more information).
- Step 4: Accept responsibility to follow their blueprint.
“Know that wherever you are in your life right now is both temporary, and exactly where you are supposed to be."
"You have arrived at this moment to learn what you must learn, so you can become the person you need to be to create the life you truly want."
"Even when life is difficult or challenging — especially when life is difficult and challenging — the present is always an opportunity for us to learn, grow, and become better than we’ve ever been before."
"You are in the process of writing your life story, and no good story is without a hero or heroine overcoming their fair share of challenges. In fact, the bigger the challenges, the better the story."
"Since there are no restrictions and no limits to where your story goes from here, what do you want the next page to say?”
Accepting the present moment for what it is: an opportunity. Maybe the most important concept in self development!
People who want to live their best life or 'write a great story' often struggle with this..
- They beat themselves up about where they are at in the here in now..
- They worry that they aren't close enough to their 'goal' causing anxiety, depression and all sort of mental anguish.
I believe the mind or 'ego' does this for a specific reason..
- It's been trained from a young age that if you don't measure up you won't be rewarded..
- Not only that but it's been trained to be hard on you because that seems to be what makes you move!
- This of course is a source of motivation.. Even a powerful one!
- However it's extremely tiring and will lead to burnout long term..
So.. How else might we motivate ourselves?
- First: Accept that everything in the here and now is happening to you for a reason.
- Second: Understand that it's okay to have a 'preference' for the outcome 'story' you want. But we can't compare ourselves in the here and now to that 'finished story'.
- Third: Instead of motivation by negative self talk we should be focused on building energy, finding joy in our work and experimenting.
“How you wake up each day and your morning routine (or lack thereof) dramatically affects your levels of success in every single area of your life."
"Focused, productive, successful mornings generate focused, productive, successful days—which inevitably create a successful life—in the same way that unfocused, unproductive, and mediocre mornings generate unfocused, unproductive, and mediocre days, and ultimately a mediocre quality of life."
"By simply changing the way you wake up in the morning, you can transform any area of your life, faster than you ever thought possible.”
Having a great day starts with having a great morning!
Having a great month starts with a great day!
- Having a great year starts with a great month!
- Having a great life starts with a great year!
This is all about bringing us back to the present moment..
- Instead of focusing on what our great life or 'finished story' looks like we focus on today!
- That's because one great day after another leads to a great life!
- I guess in other words.. Once you focus on the line you're currently writing the book finishes itself without your intervention.
What does your morning routine look like right now?
- Before we get into the 'what should I do' portion of the book.. Let's take a look!
- About what time do you wake up?
- What's the first thing you do in the morning?
- How do you spend the first hour or so?
“In order to save your Level 10 life from being neglected and limited by the demands of your life situation—which ultimately leads to a life of regret, unfulfilled potential, and even mediocrity— you must prioritize and dedicate time each day to your personal development."
"Enter The Miracle Morning Life S.A.V.E.R.S."
"A set of six simple, life-enhancing, life-changing daily practices, each of which develops one or more of the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of your life, so that you can become who you need to be to create the life you want.”
Let's look deeper into the S.A.V.E.R.S.
- “If you want to immediately reduce your stress levels, to begin each day with the kind of calm, clarity, and peace of mind that will allow you to stay focused on what’s most important in your life, and even dance on the edge of enlightenment—do the opposite of what most people do— start every morning with a period of purposeful Silence."
- "The life-enhancing benefits of Silence have been well documented throughout the ages. From the power of prayer, to the magic of meditation, some of the greatest minds in history have used purposeful Silence to transcend their limitations and create extraordinary results.”
- “You can use affirmations to start programming yourself to be confident and successful in everything you do, simply by repeatedly telling yourself who you want to be, what you want to accomplish and how you are going to accomplish it. With enough repetition, your sub-conscious mind will begin to believe what you tell it, act upon it, and eventually manifest it in your reality."
- "Putting your affirmations in writing makes it possible for you to choose your new programing so it moves you towards that desired condition or state of mind by enabling you to consistently review it. Constant repetition of an affirmation will lead to acceptance by the mind, and result in changes in your thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors. Since you get to choose and create your affirmations, you can design them to help you establish the thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors that you want and need to succeed.”
- “Visualization, also known as creative visualization or mental rehearsal, refers to the practice of seeking to generate positive results in your outer world by using your imagination to create mental pictures of specific behaviors and outcomes occurring in your life."
- "Frequently used by athletes to enhance their performance, visualization is the process of imagining exactly what you want to achieve or attain, and then mentally rehearsing what you’ll need to do to achieve or attain it.”
- “Morning exercise should be a staple in your daily rituals."
- "When you exercise for even a few minutes every morning it significantly boosts your energy, enhances your health, improves self- confidence and emotional well-being, and enables you to think better and concentrate longer.”
- “Reading, the fifth practice is the fast track to transforming any area of your life. It is one of the most immediate methods for acquiring the knowledge, ideas, and strategies you need to achieve Level 10 success in any area of your life."
- "The key is to learn from the experts—those who have already done what you want to do. Don’t reinvent the wheel. The fastest way to achieve anything you want is to model successful people who have already achieved it. With an almost infinite amount of books available on every topic, there are no limits to the knowledge you can gain through daily reading.”
- "Writing in a journal each day with a structured, strategic process allows you to direct your focus to what you accomplished, what you're grateful for and what you're committed to doing better"
- "Thus, you more deeply enjoy your journey each day, feel good about any forward progress you made, and use a heightened level of clarity to accelerate your results."
“Considering that our habits create our life, there is arguably no single skill that is more important for you to learn and master than controlling your habits."
"You must identify, implement, and maintain the habits necessary for creating the results you want in your life, while learning how to let go of any negative habits which are holding you back from achieving your true potential.”
What is the number one skill we can learn?
How to control our habits!
- Breaking the ones we know we need to break..
- Adopting the ones we know we should adopt..
There is no faster way to change your life that to change your habits!
- Remember how the days stack up into years?
- Well habits stack up the same way!
How to change your habits:
- Hal has a great chapter all about this in the book.. Three Phases of Habit Creation! (Each phase takes 10 days or so).
- Phase One Unbearable: This phase is hard and we don't like doing it! But we must persist.
- Phase Two Uncomfortable: Not quite as bad as phase one but still quite difficult.. Still persist!
- Phase Three Unstoppable: Habit starts to engage and we don't need to use as much willpower to keep us going!